Meticulously Restored, 390 C.I. , Original Color Paint and Interior, Unique Power Top, Real Wire Wheels.
White with a red interior always makes a very nice convertible! In the past 17 years the owner has had this car it has been extremely well detailed including under the hood, and in the trunk area. It appears that this car through out its life has been treated as a pretty special car that has not been out in inclement weather. If a person looks at the bottom side pictures of this car, I am sure they will be impressed by how original and rust free the bottom side is. Also, the stainless that is on the inside doors, and the back of the seats never gets restored and they are very easily dinged and scratched over the years. A lot of the time they redo the interiors but they never get around to getting those parts restored. The bright work on this interior is just amazing. Owner has always maintained possession of this car, maintained it and kept it in his garage from 2002 till present. However a few years back he did title it in a friends name for a period of time and than did transfer it back later on. He has always had car stored in a heated garage with humidity monitored. The car had been stored for years on stands and engine had been flogged down for full storage mood. After bringing it out this year he did do a complete rebuild of the carburetor, which needed to be done at that point.
DOOR TAG DECODING-
* 76A – Convertible
* M- Exterior-Wimbledon White
* 55- Interior- Red Top- Cobra-grain
* 21E- Production Date- May 21
* 1- Axle- 3.00
* 4- Trans- Cruise-O-Matic
BUYER ARE REQUIRED- TO DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH TO VERIFY THE RESEARCHED CODES ABOVE ARE CORRECT.
* Purchased in 2002, after searching the US extensively
* Professional respray at some point and interior restored
* Radiator and transmission rebuilt to prevent leaks and ensure reliability
* Regular maintenance as needed when being used, oil changed yearly
* Power Convertible Top
* Real Spoke Wire Wheels
* Power Windows
* AM-FM Radio
* Swing Away Steering Wheel
* Radial Tires
* Power seat drivers side
*The finish is extremely smooth, possibly more shiny and smooth than the original finish, matches all the way around.
* The owner is not sure on the age of the paint.
* We are not finding any obvious scratches, there are just a couple light nicks that you can see in the photos that could easily be professionally brush touched. (See Pics)
* Thought it is harder to see on white there is a slight imperfection the size of a pin head L.F. fender lip. (See Pics)
* Looking closely at the pictures you will see this is about as perfectly straight or close to laser straight as you could imagine (as for the hood, trunk, upper panels, top flat parts of the quarters, and the sides). (See Pics)
* I was unable to find any dents or creases.
* The gaps are very uniform on both the doors, hood, and trunk. (See Pics)
* I went over all body panels, and did not find any places that we did not detect metal underneath.
* We did detect that the paint depth all appeared some where in a show quality depth that is very typical in the 15-30 ml range, and the side panels where on the upper end of that. We would guess that this car could never be this beautifully straight without some type of a skim coat being used in process.
* All of the bright work around the windshield, wipers, mirrors, door handles, bumpers, and side strips all look like that of a couple year old car.
* Bright work all seems to be secured properly, and have very little if any wear. The only exception being the drivers mirror does have some pitting on the base and that is why the owner is including a replacement mirror for the left door.
* All the side glass (vents, door windows, rear seat windows) all have the same Car Lite marking on them.
* Glass is in a tint and could well be the original.
* The windshield is an Autoglass make, and we d